We're Hiring a Finance and Administration Officer
Duration: Permanent, 3 days per week
Start date: ASAP
Salary: 22k pro rated
Location: Bite Back is London-based but location is flexible
ABOUT BITE BACK 2030
Be part of the creative and agile team behind Bite Back 2030’s exceptional teenage activists. Join us as our Finance and Operations Officer and contribute to a 10-year journey to help make the food system healthier and fairer and achieve our goal of halving childhood obesity by 2030.
Young people today are up against a flood of unhealthy food, pouring out of our highstreets, supermarkets and school canteens. As a result processed foods, snacks, soft drinks and takeaways, are playing too big a role in their lives. Junk food is cheap and easy to access at a time when 3.3m young people under the age of 18 have overweight or obesity. Rates among our poorest are double those of our wealthiest young people.
Covid-19 has only further served to highlight the injustices in the food system and sharpen the focus on the impact obesity has on health outcomes. There is a political moment now to accelerate change.
We believe young people are the key voice in driving this change in our food system. It is a really exciting time to join the organisation - we are still a start-up but with ambitious plans for growth and impact. Co-founded by Jamie Oliver and launched in October 2019, our Youth Board have already had campaign successes on a range of issues including Free School Meals, a 9pm watershed on television junk food advertising and post-Brexit trade.
We are now seeking a diligent, self-motivated individual to join us as Finance and Operations Officer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Finance and Administration Officer will be critical in underpinning the work of our growing team. Key responsibilities include:
- Finance: day to day management and tracking of expenditure against the budget, liaising with our accountants, contributing to the budgeting process, logging invoices, liaising with payroll provider, reporting and setting up financial processes
- Administration: record keeping in line with our statutory responsibilities, maintaining our subscriptions and annual premiums, ownership of charity CRM system (Salesforce), clerking meetings, diary and travel co-ordination and ad hoc administrative tasks as required to support the leadership team
We are looking for someone with a passion for young people’s health, nutrition and social justice, who also has:
- Knowledge of financial management and budgets
- Demonstrable experience in administration
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good IT skills, with an ability to manage spreadsheets
- Book-keeping experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of Salesforce (desirable)
We are open and flexible. Bite Back is London-based, but we are open to candidates based in other locations, provided you can occasionally travel to London as required.
We are committed to increasing the diversity of our team and especially encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Please apply with a CV and Cover Letter explaining why you are a good candidate for this position. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications close Monday 17th of May at midnight
- Interviews from 19th May onwards
Please email email@example.com for any more information.